Wow, getting on to the end of April already! I always stop suddenly one day in April every year and think...where has the year gone so far? I can't believe that we've been in our new house for almost six months now! Sometimes it feels like we don't have a lot to show for it, but we've been doing bits and pieces, and we've been pretty busy otherwise too. The weather has been lovely the last few days so we've been enjoying lots of garden time and getting used to things we've never had to do before, such as mowing the lawn. Exciting!
So, this is an 'In the Works' post, and boy do I have a lot of things going on! Here's what is in my current work pile for this week.
1. Moon badger colour sketch: I like this coloured sketch that grew out of the little badger picture I posted at the end of my 'sketchbook' post. I've been thinking about whether it should be a stitched project or a painted one, and I'm pretty sure I've settled on developing it as a painting. So, just to transfer my sketch over to some watercolour paper and get started. I haven't done a lot of painting so far this year, so it will be good to have a project on the go that I can dip in and out of.
2. Noticeboard: I wanted a bigger noticeboard in my kitchen and I wanted it to be colourful, so I bought a large one and covered it in fabric. It's not up on the wall yet as I want to finish the edges with something, but not sure what.
3. 'Manse' embroidery: Almost complete, this is the second piece in a new theme I'm developing. More to follow in a later post about this one! Manse is the characters name in case you were wondering!
4. 'Dust Devil' embroidery: As above, another new piece in my new theme. Loving doing this one, and working on it at every opportunity. Again, Dust Devil is the name of the character. More on this when it's finished!
5. Hedgehog embroidery: Still working on this one which has stalled a little. Must try harder!
6. Bed is best embroidery: New cutie embroidery that I might even put up on my own bedroom wall. Just the fur to do on this, hurrah fur time!
Oh and I am working away on something else this month. Well actually, I've been working away on it for the last eight months, but have just never gotten around to mentioning it on here! Here's a picture of the bulk of the washing that has been out in the garden the last few weeks. Can you guess what I've been working on yet?
Yep, baby number two is due in less than four weeks, which I guess could technically mean anytime! I'm hoping to manage to still get some crafting and blogging time, but if I go quiet you'll know the reason why! And no, the pink items on the washing line don't mean anything significant. We don't know what we are having, I've just been washing all of my daughters old clothes in readiness, as most of her newborn things were neutral as she was also a surprise package. So, May is looking to be very busy and exciting indeed!
What about you? What do you have 'In the Works' for April?